DeepBrain Chain Progress Report #121 10.16–10.31(2022)
Dear DeepBrain Chain community members,
Please see below for the latest update on the project.
I. Product Development Progress
GPU Cloud Platform:
- Continued testing to optimize the single GPU rental function;
- The beta version of the single GPU renewal function is officially launched;
- Testing the new optimized functions of dbc;
- Testing to resolve the new bugs on the whole rental machine;
Distributed Computing Network:
- Boot diskless win10/Ubuntu have been successful, using Ubuntu as the server, remote iSCSI installation of win10 or Ubuntu system;
- Switched system support and modified PXE default boot items;
- Now supportes read/write separation (meaning that multiple people can read and write to the same system at the same time, without causing changes to the system);
DeepBrain Chain Mainnet:
- Continued development of interruptible rental modules;
- Implementation of interruptible machine uplink testing;
- Testing of the interruptible machine audit function;
- Conducting development and testing of interruptible module rental functionality;
II. Marketing Progress
- The DBC computing power mainnet is online, and as of October 31st, 2022 Singapore time, the GPUs in the computing power mainnet have reached 2,557, halfway to the goal of 5,000 GPUs. Other latest data on-chain are: there are 18 computing pools participating, the total computing power value reached 678,151.28, these GPUs pledged a total of 256,975,000 DBC, the GPU rental rate reached 69.45%, and the accumulated rental income reached 2,161,292,090 DBC, please refer to the official website for details: https://galaxyrace. deepbrainchain.org/
- Community Autonomy
(1) On October 21st, 2022, the DBC Council conducted its eighth board meeting. At the meeting, the council members mainly discussed matters such as the strategic deployment and economic model design of DBC’s first application Deeplink, the latest progress of each cloud platform, listing on exchange in the bear market, and whether the first and second ranked council members should be given monthly incentives.
The minutes of the meeting are detailed in: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBC_Council/comments/ydu0ur/dbc_council_meeting_8_on_20221021_meeting_summary/
(2) Referendum №12 has closed and the result is : not passed.
Referendum topic: Financial proposal №43 (the proposal is a request to open the token swap again, for details of the proposal, please see: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBC_Council/comments/viumyr/proposal_43/）
Details on-chain: https://dbc.subscan.io/referenda/12
III. Cloud Platforms’ Progress
Haibao Cloud Platform
- Haibao cloud computing pool was established, currently there are 3 Chinese and 2 overseas computing power providers who have joined the pool, among which a testing of 8-GPU nvidia and Leadtek M40 machine is already online in China, the data center is in Beijing area and can be rented on the cloud platform. A U.S. computing provider has provided test machines and is testing for docking;
- We have obtained detailed quotations from an IDC server room provider for the hosting of machine cabinets in various geographic areas of China, and we can be contacted by those who need to host their machines on the chain;
Korean Cloud Platform
In view of the current bear market environment and low occupancy rate, the getting GPUs online is temporarily slowed down. For domestic business, due to the harsh legal requirements in Korea, settlement, midway refund and other services still need some time to be resolved, and also can not be rushed forward.
Compared with personal users, TIANYUCLOUD mainly focuses on the expansion of enterprise users, currently there is one company that has a large demand for GPU and have been trying out the Tianyu Cloud machine, if the user experience is good it may lead to further cooperation.
IV. Ecosystem Building
- The total number of GPUs in the mainnet is 2,565, with a comprehensive occupancy rate of 63.62%;
- Current computing node number is 25;
- Continuing to push for product application in the Korean, Singaporean and other markets outside of China;
- In order to ensure the rental rate of your DBC computing nodes, please follow the recommended configuration and GPU model of the mainnet when launching online.
Contact information for joining the network:
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
Try our product as an AI user or a GPU power provider:
Main social media platform:
Telegram (English) ： https://t.me/DeepBrainChainGlobal
Official e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
About DeepBrain Chain
DeepBrain Chain is the world’s first AI computing network powered by blockchain technology.
Our Mission: To connect global computing power, build a distributed high-performance computing power network, and construct computing power infrastructure for the era of 5G +AI.
Our Vision: Become the world’s largest computing network.
DeepBrain Chain’s computing power network can help AI practitioners/enterprises/universities/research institutions, cloud gaming, rendering, blockchain and other users to save on computing power cost, improve computing efficiency and enhance product experience.
The DeepBrain Chain Team